Since June of 2020, Kinetic Kids has been operating with options of virtual programming (ie stay strong website series), virtual-live zoom programming, and in-person programming. We are very proud of the work we have been able to offer and the lives we have been able to touch thru continued programming during such a challenging year.
Currently, in June 2021, covid restrictions and guidelines continue to evolve and Kinetic Kids is staying abreast of our current covid policies, continually updating, and communicating those with you. We remain steadfast and conservative to first and foremost meet the goal of keeping all of our Kinetic Kids safe and healthy.
As of June 2021, here are the policies for staff, volunteers, athletes, and family members who participate in Kinetic Kids and while at Kinetic Kids activities:
- Indoor programs:
- Staff and volunteers will be required to continue to wear a mask at check in for all Kinetic Kids programs at all distances.
- Athlete/Kinetic Kids participants over 10 years old are encouraged to wear a mask at check in and during times that social distancing measures cannot be maintained.
- Outdoor programs:
- Staff and volunteers will be required to wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible. To be specific, when outdoors, masks must be worn by staff and volunteers when interacting distances of 3 ft or less. When distances of 3 ft or more is indicated, masks will not be required.
- Athlete/Kinetic Kids participants over 10 years old are encouraged to wear a mask in distances 3 ft or less.
- Proper hand hygiene will be practiced by all present, including washing hands or using sanitizer throughout class.
- Spectators are encouraged to wear mask at indoor programs and outdoors if interacting in spaces three feet or less.
- Kinetic Kids reserves the right to remove participants from the program if:
- The child or adult volunteer shows signs of illness
- The child or adult volunteer does not pass the health screen upon check in
- The child or adult volunteer does not comply with social distancing or mask use
As of Summer 2021, volunteers will be present at our programs and available to assist 1:1 with participants.
- Parents/Caregivers have 100% choice to remain your child’s primary helper. You will be allowed to do so at any program.
- If you choose to remain your child’s helper, parents/guardians must ensure a family member is available to attend each program and be ready to physically help your child through activity stations and/or provide hand-over-hand assistance if requested to do so by our program director. This includes swim programs and getting in the pool with your child if you choose to not have outside volunteer help.
- All volunteers will be required to pass the weekly Kinetic Kids health screening and follow all safety measures such as wearing masks (see above) and practicing proper hand hygiene,
- If parents give permission or request volunteer assistance for your child, please be aware this assistance will be less than 3 feet in proximity and will often be close contact with the volunteer.
- Participants in programs where volunteers are available will be encouraged to wear their masks throughout practice.
- Any child working 1:1 with a volunteer is encouraged keep their mask on throughout practice.
- Volunteers working indoors with athlete/participate will be required to mask if indoor
- Volunteers working at outdoor programs with athlete/participant will be encouraged when less than 3 ft in proximity to one another.
If you have any questions regarding these policies, please contact Andrew Garcia at Andrew@dev.kinetickidstx.org or (210)-748-5860.